Al Madad Foundation is a UK registered charity committed to the promotion of literacy and education for disadvantaged children across the Middle East.
Through our local partnerships, multimedia artistic expression, intercultural dialogue, educational projects and events we engage international actors to join us in developing and supporting programs to emancipate and empower those most vulnerable and excluded.
- A Middle East where basic education and literacy are accessible to all, where young minds are cultivated and where children are given the tools to build positive futures for themselves and for those around them.
- To collaborate and work closely with local, grassroots organizations in the Middle East to deliver essential education projects to the region’s most vulnerable and disadvantaged children.
- To operate proactively and responsively in the face of the region’s critical situations, delivering aid where it is most needed.
- To break the cycle of dependency so common across the development world
- To initiate bottom up change through capacity building and by empowering individuals to become independent and fully self-reliant
- To preserve integrity and dignity at all times and to support our target groups to help themselves
START was founded by Al Madad Foundation in 2006, in partnership with Art Dubai, and seeks to educate and empower children through artistic expression. It runs full time art workshops in the UAE, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and most recently, India, reaching over 736 disabled and disadvantaged children per week. International artists are encouraged to volunteer in the field of humanitarian aid and art education by participating in the workshops.
Please visit www.startworld.org for further information.